germanbruleys

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Day off

As you can imagine this trip did not leave us with a lot of time off. (I guess they sent us to work and we did) However, we did get one Sunday off to go on a small trip to the museum's and see a little bit of culture.
We also got another half day off before we left for the airport which myself and 2 friends spent with small boats paddling up through lagoons of Benin, Africa. I didn't take my camera on that trip (was scared of losing all my other photos on the last day in the lagoon, but that may have been one of the greater points of the trip as well.



This was myself and my friend Williams, at an old Portuguese fort that was used for 'slave trade' it has sense been turned into a museum. A must see if ever in Ouidou. (Benin, Africa)


My favorite soldier in the Benin Army. He is wearing my hat here. This was one of the guys that we became friends with very early durning our stay. Gave him some t- shirts and he brought everyone around to meet us. Ended up giving him and his friends over half my wardrobe but they need it way more than I ever did anyhow. Him and his friends gave me the pleasure of there friendship.


This lady is the US ambassadors to Benin (from West Virginia) the guy is me. Meet here twice while being there and had to get the photo.


This is known as the 'gate of no return'. Was set up for all the slaves who left around this area for slavery and never did return to Mother Africa.


Took this picture at 'the temple of the python' a voodoo temple across the street from the Christian church.